Who we are:
There are a lot of promising start-ups with fantastic products or services. Sadly, a majority of them fail in the long run. Why does that happen so often? Is it because of a lack of vision? Or is it a question of poor execution or simply a lack of experience? Navigating these unchartered waters requires an exceptional team to conquer the digital ocean that surrounds us. That is the reason we decided to create Digital Ocean Ventures.
Up to this point, we have sailed through many waters in our careers. As former corporate seamen, we spent 15+ years building brands and ventures that achieved market success, but sometimes we just ended up wasting our time on ineffective work, slow decision making and cumbersome procedures. Hence, we have the intention that such values as partnership, transparency, trust and aspiration to think big, will guide our own company.
Currently, we are looking for people who share these values and are willing to go after their dreams. People who want to test the limits of what is possible and are not afraid to swim against the tide.
Our goal is to launch new companies in the fintech and e-commerce space, so we are looking for a manager who will build a new venture from scratch and will take responsibility for its development at an early stage.
We are looking for someone who:
- has a professional background in startup’s environment as an entrepreneur in e-commerce or fintech space
- desires to build a new business from scratch with an experienced and dynamic team
- has an analytical mindset; is great at problem-solving and critical thinking
- is self-motivated – likes to figure out how to get the job done and do whatever it takes
- is excited about our mission and shares our core values: partnership, experimenting and learning, being transparent and reliable
- thinks big and wants to make the rules, not follow the existing ones
- is fluent in written and spoken English
- a rare opportunity of finding an idea that excites you and turning it into a new company in an ecosystem supporting startups’ growth
- co-operation with a network of passionate people who are recognised experts in creating and scaling digital businesses
- ownership and tangible impact on the company’s team building, strategy and development
- 15.000 PLN net salary (B2B model)
- a stock option plan and participation in value creation
- an access to a private healthcare package
- a hybrid working model: offices in Krakow/Warsaw plus remote work
- you prepare and validate ideas and turn them into projects and companies
- you prepare business plans, financial models as well as market and competition analyses
- you co-create and execute company strategy
- you manage and lead the project and company
- you build a core team from scratch and lead and develop it
- you create a collaborative, inclusive and innovative culture
- you plan and manage the budget and P&L
- you forge the strategic partnerships to develop and grow the business
- you define, manage and execute ‘go-to-market’ strategy
- you focus on achieving and maximising the company profitability
Sends us your CV